Friday, October 29, 2010

Frugal Friday

Man, I love saving money. I absolutely love raiding the clearance rack at Kroger to find cheap markdowns. And then I love having coupons for those products and getting them for dirt-cheap or free! How do I get them free, you may ask? Like this:


You check the dairy section of your local Kroger for their "Manager's Special" markdowns on yogurt that's only a couple of days from expiring. (For me, this means checking before I clock in, on my lunch break, and before I leave for the day. But I'm obsessed, so...) Then you combine these cheap yogurt specials with your handy-dandy coupons you cut from your Sunday paper, and if you shop at Kroger, they double up to 55 cents, so...your total is $0 + tax! :)


Here's another fabulous Manager special I snagged a couple of weeks ago:

(4) Softsoap refills at $1.49 each

(2) Softsoap Hand Soaps at $0.49 each

-minus-

(2) $0.75/2 Refill Coupons

(2) $0.30/1 Hand Soap Coupons (doubled, which made these FREE)

=equals=

$4.50 +tax for LOTS of handsoap!

And the last deal for today.Who likes cheap laundry detergent?! Better yet, who likes cheap TIDE?!...
48-load bottles of Tide Clean Breeze marked down to $3.99 each! Add (4) $1 coupons, and that's some fabulously-priced detergent!

I've decided that our money is, well, hard-earned, so it's worth my time and effort to cut coupons and bargain-shop. I also LOVE sharing my coupons! It's so much fun to dig through my mom's shopping cart when I see her at the store, and say "Hey, I have a coupon for that! Here!" I may not have an extra $2 in my pocket to just hand her, but when I give her my coupons, it's kind of like I'm doing just that. :)





3 comments:

Crystal said...

LOVE it! im glad we have each other to share coupons and discuss our cheap shopping trips! :)

Mom said...

It is awesome to find good deals and have you make it sweeter by having coupons too!!! Thank You!

Val said...

That's awesome!