Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Right Foot Left Foot


Ever seen one of these before? I don't know the exact name of it...I call it a foot splint. These are what I sleep in at nighttime. No, not all the time. Not like I'm supposed to. But, yes, I sleep wearing these monstrosities. Remember my post on the old bliggity-blog about my heel spurs, and my tightened achilles, physical therapy, yada yada? Well, I opted for the less-expensive and less time-consuming Dorsiwedge braces.

These bad boys are designed to keep my foot and leg at a 90 degree angle, so when I first wake up in the morning I'm not in excruciating pain. They work. They're as uncomfortable as all get-out, but they do their job.

Waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom or to comfort a crying baby is a pain, as these jokers aren't designed to be stood or walked on. Needless to say, I've become quite the pro at ripping them off in a moment's notice.

Why am I telling you all this? Good question. I'm not sure myself. I'm pretty stoked about hitting the sack, and well, bedtime gear is on the brain, I reckon.

Happy sleeping, my friends! (splint-free)


No comments: