Thursday, April 26, 2012

Back with Books

It's been...18 months...I think. Wow, long time. I don't know if I just captured the "blog fever" again, or I have missed my online writing outlet. Either way, here we go...

I'm not going to try to catch everyone up on what's gone on with us the past 18 months, or try to post a year and a half worth of boring pictures. If you're reading this, we're probably already Facebook friends or family! ;) So, here's what's been on my mind. It's like this...

*My 2012 new year's resolution of READING.

Sound goofy? It has truly been the only new year's resolution that I've stuck with past February. Ever. It wasn't easy. Actually, truthfully, I didn't even crack open a book until the last week January. And that's because part of my resolution/goal was to read at least one book a month. For a yearly total of 12 books. Considering I haven't read a book since my semesters in college, I knew this was going to be a huge task! As January started creeping by, my resolution was screaming loud and clear in the back of my mind every day.

See, this is the weird part...I love going to bookstores and looking at books, reading the synopsis, and even buying books! Then I bring them home, and they sit on my bookshelf, unread, collecting dust. Stupid, right?! Why do I keep doing this?! I had good intentions. My intent was always to actually read the book. I just never did.

So, as January is coming to an end, I notice lots of my friends posting on FB about The Hunger Games. Never heard of it, but man, these people love it! And it's a trilogy. Even better. Something good, that will make me want to read more. Perfect. So, I go to the local Walmart and buy the paperback copy for a whopping $6+. Bring it home, and start reading. 48 hours later, I'm hooked. I love reading. I want to go out and buy the next book.

As the weeks and months have crept on, I find myself researching more and more books to read. One thing I just can't help but do...read a book that I KNOW is getting ready to be a movie! I just get so excited to be one of "those people" that watch a movie after they've read the book. I always thought that was so cool, I just never did it. Now I'm one of them. Yay! But as many of "those people" always say.."The books are SO much better than the movies!"

So, as it stands...on April 26, 2012...I have a read a grand total of 11 books so far. And I am not stopping anytime soon. It has become my new passion. And I'm really excited about it!


Any book recommendations out there? I love recommendations!


1 comment:

Mom said...

You amaze me with your reading. I love for you to tell me about a book you have read. You really bring it to life :)