Monday, April 30, 2012

Motherly Monday

(I have no idea why none of my scheduled posts are showing up. Hopefully it's fixed now. See here's Motherly Monday coming to you on Tuesday!)

If you're my FB friend, you probably see lots and lots of posts about my 3-year old and her funny/grown up little remarks and conversations that we have. It's never a dull moment with her around! Here are a few of the most recent things she has entertained me with...

She's obsessed with bugs, and everything is a spider:

Savanna: Mom, come here, I want to tell you something.
Me: You need to tell me something? Or show me something?
Savanna: I need to show you something.
(walking over to where she's stooped over.)
Savanna: I see lots of spiders.
Me: Those are ants, not spiders, and they won't hurt you, I promise.
Savanna: I think I need a flyswatter.
Me: Okay, go get it. Or just use your shoe...
(a few minutes later.)
Savanna: I got LOTS of ants on my shoe!
(Showing me the bottom of her shoe, where she's killed 3 ants)
Me: You go, girl.

She's incredibly curious about the moon and she's a true Mouseketeer:

Savanna: Mom! I found the moon!
Me: Oh, you sure did. There it is!
Savanna: I can't reach it, it's too high.
Me: Yep, the moon is wayy up there!
Savanna: Hmm, I think we need a mouseketool. Ohhh TOODLES!!


The concept of Big/Little is still mind-blowing right now. But she loves to remind me of how "big" I am (And apparently Crystal too!):

Me: Savanna, how would you feel about a brother or sister?
Savanna: Hmm, I want a big brother.
Me: Well, that's not exactly how it works. How about a baby brother or baby sister?
Savanna: No, I want a big brother like daddy.
Me: Oh, okay.
Savanna: Is daddy your big brother, momma?
Me: No, I don't have a brother. I have a sister, Aunt Crystal. She's my baby sister.
Savanna: Aunt Crystal's not a baby. She's big, mom, like you.
Me: Awesome. We'll talk about this later. ;) 



No comments: