Sunday, April 29, 2012

5-1-5-0

Does anyone, besides me, sit around on Friday nights, listening to the police scanner? Anyone?
It's usually triggered when I hear the helicopter flying somewhere around this part of town. Sometimes it's paranoia, and sometimes it's just plain ol' curiosity. Sometimes it's just nice to have a little noise in the silence.

Here are 2 of the interesting things I heard last night:

Dispatcher: I have a Crown Victoria with 2 black  females. Caller said they got out of the car at the McDonald's, started fighting, got back inside and drove off with a child inside.
Response: The females are fighting with each other, or someone else?
Dispatcher: With each other
Response: 10-4 copy that.


Dispatcher: I have a call coming from Arlington street, regarding the vacant house across the street from the caller. The caller said a vehicle pulled up and dropped somebody off at the vacant house. Now they are backing down the street with no headlights.
Response: Was their a description of  the vehicle?
Dispatcher: She just said it was a small car...
Response: 10-4.

Usually Friday or Saturday are some of the more interesting nights, obviously. This Friday was kind of slow, which I'm not complaining of course, but I'll keep taking notes and maybe do a whole post of the best ones I hear. Oh, and if police scanner mumbo jumbo baffles you like it used to me, click here for a website that breaks it all down for you...


No comments: